10.24.2010

Forget Me Not

There are times that we don't want to forget a certain moment that we are so sure that we will be happy remembering it over and over again. I must say, my most memorable memories are when I was in High school. This stage in my life really did contribute to who I was today. This is where I experienced the joy of having treasured friends, the kilig factor every time I'll see my crush, the annoyance from rude classmates, and the never ending excitement everyday.

The most memorable event that occurred in my high school life where I felt the emotions I wrote above only revolves to this one. I must say, I do not usually share this to anyone 'coz this is a treasured memory but for some reason I felt that I should write it here.

It was a normal Thursday afternoon, we are just chillin' coz lunch just ended but our teacher hasn't come in. I ate my lunch in the room because I don't really have much friends before to be with to go to the canteen. Then an accident happened to my jar of water. It spilled water all over the place and create a mess of a flood. I really don't know what to do, I feel so stupid, all I can think of myself is that "You are so stupid Ayra, you're already a loser yet you still let yourself be a disaster freak!"

I'm already panicking so I am just tearing my pad paper and my notebook so that the paper will absorb all the water but its still not enough. Then an Angel from God came to me and lend a hand. Let's just call him an Angel though I wanted to call him prince charming and feel like I'm a damsel in distress but for that situation, he's an Angel. He asked me what happed then I answered him "the water spilled from my tumbler". He then observed the situation and said "Stop doing that already. I'll get a mop from the janitress to clean this. Don't worry, it'll be fine." Then he got up and go out of the room.

After that, I sat on my chair and felt like the world stopped. All I can think of is "Is he for real? Did he really help such a loser like me?" Then he came back with a pail and a rag and did all the work. From wiping the water up to throwing all the paper I used. Then he came back to me and said "Okay ka na? wag mo nalang ilagay dyan ung tubig mo kasi matatapon tlaga yan" and all I can say is "Thank You"

After that, we became friends. Not the close type of friends but I can talk to him already, in person and in phone. I also wanted to sleep early so that I can came to school early to see him enter the room and greet him good morning then he'll reply too. I also look up to his corny jokes so that we can argue about it.

The lesson I learned here is that, what you do to help others, however small it is, meant a lot more than what a biggest gift you can give to them.

Now, since I was already saying my learning in a form of a quote, let me share to you some lines that I just stumbled upon anywhere that I can't forget.

1. I hope you cry when you get home. At first I thought it was weird but as I read it over and over again, I began to realize that it advises us to cry once in a while when sadness strikes in our most comfortable place. I did it, and it felt so good.

2. How I learned to stop worrying and love my life. I guess this goes for the people that always creates a plan and became upset whenever their plan will not work out.

3. We are not living on the past, but on the present. This line is for the people that can't get over their past. This line somehow related to this article. Past is past, we cannot turned it back. All we can do is to remember it once in a while; cherish if the memory is happy then cry if the memory is sad. But the important thing is, let's not let that feeling to stay for so long in us because it might block another emotions to bloom from our heart.

Good day everyone! ^_^