6.10.2011

Comeback

I love Comeback Stories. Its about perseverance against suffering. You know, I myself has a comeback story.

When I was four, I was diagnosed of Dengue. I have a high fever, my platelets count drop down, and the thing I remember the most is having a severe headache. I will just cry so loud in the middle of the night that my Mama will panic just because my head hurts. How selfish am I huh?

Anyway, I had a blood transfusion. And for me, this blood transfusion really made a big mark in me. I am such a brat when I was a kid. I will bite my cousins because I feel like it (I have four shark teeth y'know :P), I will show tantrums because I don't want to drink milk, and I will gather all my toys because its only for me, not for others. Well, after the transfusion, I got better. And I say, really BETTER. I no longer bite my cousins and I become a very obedient kid.

So whoever's blood was put on my body, thank you. God used you to save me.

You see, I'm bad so I got sick, then someone's blood saved me then I became better. Occasionally, we need a comeback. We need to correct wrong directions or compensate for wrong decisions.

In those times, we have an example in Peter. He had failure written all over him. First, he nearly drowned when his faith faltered (Matthew 14:30). Then he said things that were so wrong Jesus called him "Satan" (Matthew 16:22-23). And when Jesus needed Peter the most, he denied that he even knew Him (Matthew 26:74).

But that's not the end of the story. In the power of the Spirit, Peter made a comeback. On the Day of Pentecost, he preached and 3,000 people came to faith in Christ (Acts 2:14,41). Peter returned to effectiveness because his faith was renewed, he guarded what he said, and he stood up for Jesus.

Struggling? If Peter and I can come back, so can you.

-some were taken from odb.org