10.11.2011

Living Like a Candle

Last week, the bulb on our bathroom died so we are forced to lit up a candle whenever we'll use the toilet. Its such an annoying thing to do especially for me because I love going to the bathroom, enjoys my time cleaning up myself, all in all, I love STAYING there. And this lighting up a candle makes it hard for me to stay longer than I'm supposed to be on the bathroom!

One time, as I was peeing (well, this part is quite embarrassing to tell) I looked at the candle and its light and I relate it to my relationship to God.

This candle is no ordinary candle, its a scented candle. You see, for a candle to spread its scent, it must be lit up by a person; same in my life. Before I be able to do great things, I must go through hardships. And along the way, how can I be sure that I won't breakdown, give up, or even succeed?


Well, let me share to you the secret. Its me accepting Jesus as my personal God and Savior. I trusted Him to be my guide or the lighter of my wick. I accepted that I am a sinner and I am nothing without Him just like a candle on display.

You see, a candle is worthless if it won't be used, stay the same, and won't melt. I compare my life to a candle. I wanted my life to be used by my Creator to lit up a dark harmful world. I wanted my life to spend on doing good things in the name of Jesus. I wanted myself to be remembered as the light and scent giver that everyone will be pleased to be with. I want to share what I have, especially what I earned, I want to use my time with my fellow youth celebrating the goodness of the Lord, and I want to smile at the end of the day saying "I enjoyed this day because its meaningful." I don't want my life to be wasted by being stuck on the norm of the society. I want to make a change, to be a role model, and to be a life changer. 

Let's all share our light to the world! 

Living like a Candle,
Ayra