12.20.2011

My Daddy

"I will be a Father to you, and you will be my son's and daughters, says the Lord Almighty."
- 2 Corinthians 6:18

Several years ago during my retreat in High School, we were assigned to draw the style of the road of our lives. I remember drawing straight then curvy, then there were intersections and overpass. For me it represents the straight happy life I have because I still have both of my parents then I have friends and I am studying in a private school. But it also contains the usual problems of a high school teenager about physical change, peer pressure, misunderstanding between parents and I, then the deep mixed sadness and anger with my father because he never attended a single birthday celebration in my life. He's always away then when he comes home he hits us with his belt whenever we did wrong, he's bossy and mostly because I missed the times we can spend together to build a harmonious father and daughter relationship.

Although today, I already have a good relationship with my father, reading the verse above reminded me of the experience I had on my retreat. You see, it is so precious that I have a daddy and you have a daddy. God is our Father and He loves us more than we could ever know!

Today, my prayer is that you, whose reading this post will know just how much our Heavenly Father loves you. He's crazy about you and excited to spend this time with you. Trust God, He's got so much to share with you.

Let's Pray
Dear God, I am trusting You today. I am so thankful that You are my heavenly Father who loves me unconditionally, cares for me unceasingly, and provides for me unreservedly.
In Jesus Name, Amen.

Let's all share love to the world!

Love,
Ayra

*some context taken from Bible Gateway